This is a favorite in the fall and around Christmas time in our household, but would work great any time of year!
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats (not quick cooking)
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt (omit if you use salted butter below)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk (I love Silk Protein Nut Milk)
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly coat an 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray or rub coconut oil on it. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, flaxseed, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and cranberries. Stir to mix. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the milk, pumpkin, butter, egg, and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients and apples to the dry ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture into a prepared baking dish and spread out evenly. Sprinkle walnuts over the top and bake for 20-22 minutes until the top is golden. Scoop out and serve with more milk to your preference.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase after clicking on the link. I am not paid by the company to promote these products and my opinions are my own.